This is our library online. You can request books, put books on hold, and see if your book is available. To access Destiny go to https://dadeschools.follettdestiny.com/common/welcome.jsp?context=.
- Scroll down to Howard Drive Elementary School
- Click on the school name
- Click on the “catalog” tab
- Search title, author, subject or series by typing the appropriate information in the “find” box
Accelerated Reader (AR)
Students will take AR tests during school hours. You can check the level of a book or if a book is AR by clicking here on ARBookFinder then entering the title of the book or other search criteria.
AR Home Connect is a tool to help track your child’s progress at home in our Accelerated Reader (AR) program (ask your child for his/her user name and password)
Our students are enjoying reading our eBooks online. To access our eBooks:
- Go to our Destiny homepage (https://dadeschools.follettdestiny.com/common/welcome.jsp?context=)
- Click on Abdo or Lerner
OR if you want more information about the book, i.e., its AR level:
- On Destiny’s homepage, click on the “catalog” tab
- Click on the white “visual” tab
- Click on the “eBooks/Interactive books” icon two times
- Click “open” on the desired book title
Use this username: 2541-student
Use this password: 2541student
Birthday Book Club
You can honor your child’s birthday by having him/her join our Birthday Book Club. For a $10 donation, your child can choose a book from a selection of new books in the media center. A bookplate will be placed in the front of the book and the book will be presented to your child on morning announcements. Your child will be the first one to enjoy the book and after it is returned to our media center, all of our Howard Drive children will have the opportunity to enjoy the book. The money collected will be used to buy more books for our media center. Please see the school librarian approximately a week before your child’s birthday to participate. The program runs all year but ends in mid-May.